Sunday 1 April 2012

Application : Taking the Initiative Replies #1 & #2

My first two replies to my email, which was me contacting camps directly, both came through the same night I sent it.

The first one was within 45 minutes. Sadly it was just to say that they were fully staffed for the summer, but thanked me for my interest. That's why I combined the two replies into one blog post - not worth an individual one for such a short reply!

The second reply came through 3 hours after I sent it. It was from one the program director of the camps for "at-risk" children.

He was really positive, was delighted I was so passionate about what they do and was very pleased I'd come to them directly. Score 1 for being cheeky and impatient!

He directed me to their "job-listings" page, so I could familiarise myself with what my options would be (not fencing unfortunately, but this woman has many hats!). He asked if I had any restrictions on dates (I don't) and invited me to contact my CCUSA rep and express an interest in their camp. He has contacted his CCUSA rep to see if it "makes sense to put me on review with the camp", and sounds very keen to get the ball rolling. He's actually out of state on a Spring Break "service trip" with some of the teens for the next couple of weeks, but is still keen to get things moving with CCUSA and see what we can get done next week. This is even though he'll apparently have limited internet/email access!

Positive sounding indeed!

I think the work they do sounds really wonderful, and I would love to be a part of that.

Fingers crossed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment